the conversations blog

up-to-the-minute communication buzz in one place

Don't Slow Down Now! Sales Don't Stop in November

By: Katie Myers Tuesday November 21, 2017 comments

There are usually four reasons why sales fall off during the holiday months: you stop leading after the sale, you don’t have collaborative partners, you’re unorganized, and/or you don’t do the work. That’s harsh, I know, but I’ve been doing this for a long time. So, what can we do about it?

Developing long-lasting lucrative relationships with your new customers and clients is so important! Especially when you consider the fact that a satisfied customer is 82% more likely to purchase from you again than a new lead. 

So how do you cultivate these long-lasting relationships? It starts with the 90/10 rule. This is where 90% of your messaging should be educational, resourceful information and the remaining 10% is an invitation to the next step of the sales process. Ask questions. What are they struggling with? What pain points can you help them overcome? People want to feel important. It’s also a good idea to find out what kind of communication your clients like. Email, phone calls and webinars are all great ways to connect. Our resources page is a good example of how we give different options to our clients.

Consider offering a loyalty program. It’s the holiday season, so a nice message from you that focuses on gratitude can be a breath of fresh air in this period of rapid-fire sales oversaturation. That loyalty incentive, whether it’s a gift, a discount, or something more tailored to the individual, should be useful beyond the holiday.

Most of all, it should be about them, and not you. Remember, you’re creating conversations, not pounding them over the head with your need to make a sale. When you ask them what their pain points are, make sure you follow up with a way to help. Do your research, see if it’s within your scope, and if it’s not, maybe it’s time to consider collaborative partners.


If you’d like to take a detailed tour of how to continue to sell to your existing clients/database, work on developing those long-lasting lucrative relationships, potentially pick up some collaborative partners, and create a customer retention plan, check out the Conversation Club. It’s a community I created full of people just like you who want to succeed! 

Whatever you chose to do, don’t let off the gas now because the holidays are approaching. Take advantage of November and December to get ahead of the game for 2018.

Katie Myers

About the Author: Katie Myers





Archives


Subscribe

rss