Showing Gratitude to Your Clients
Wednesday November 2, 2016
Your clients are the life blood of your business. Every person wants to be heard and know that they matter, and that’s especially true for your clients.
Gratitude is an integral part of your business. And if it’s not, it should be. Showing gratitude is an important key to client retention and it’s a lot easier than you think. A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected.
Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Start with intent. You’re not “following up”, “touching base” or any of those other ancient terms that seem like lip service instead of genuine appreciation. You want to show gratitude, and truly, that begins with a thank you.
- Consult with your notes before you contact them. Know exactly how they’ve helped your business thrive. Be personable when you speak (or send a note). Know important dates!
- Consider the message you want to convey. Sending a handwritten note or making a phone call is preferable to an impersonal email. You need to show your clients that they matter.
- Listen to your clients. Tell them how grateful you are to them and then ask where you can make their experience better. Providing an extra step beyond gratitude can go a long way toward retaining customer loyalty.
- Throw a party for your clients. You can ask your clients for brick and mortar businesses that could work for hosting the party. It’s a wonderful way to show your gratitude. It’s also very simple to brand your party by ensuring that the party favors, cups, etc. are in your brand colors and style. You can shop at your local dollar store and party shops to keep it budget friendly.
- Provide a thank you service unique to your business. It can be as simple as promoting their business to your other clients in a newsletter spotlight or as exciting as a client appreciation retreat. Whatever you decide, make sure you let them know how much you care about their continued business.
Stop by our Facebook page for more great tips on showing gratitude and appreciation to your clients. Likewise our YouTube channel is a resource for great ideas and in depth discussions on how to take your client relationships to the next level!